We understand that having a child transition from the paediatric team to adult services can be difficult for not just the child but for you as their guardian.
Below you will find important information, links and documents that will help you are your family with the service transition.
Click to find out more:
Alcohol, smoking and drugs
- Support for victims of bullying and their families is available from BullyBusters
- Find out more about bullying at school on the GOV.UK website
- Support for children and young people to manage their mental health can be found on the YoungMinds website
- Apps that you may find useful include the Headspace app, helping with guided mediation and mindfulness, and the Dreamykid app offering meditation for kids
- Find out about mental health services for children (CAMHS) on the NHS website
Prescription cost support
- Information on getting help with prescription costs is on the NHS website
- Find out about your rights around confidentiality, consent to treatment and feedback in this NHS leaflet
- To support you with making shared decisions about your healthcare, please see the NHS – Ask three questions postcard
- Advocacy services are available from the National Youth Advocacy Service, find out more on the NYAS website
- Information and support around self harm is available on the Childline website