Intradermal BCG vaccination has been given today.
- No injections should be given in the arm used for the BCG vaccination for 12 weeks. Further injections, if needed, can be given in the other arm.
- A small lump or ulcer (up to 1cm in diameter) may appear at the vaccination site after one week. This may take up to 12 weeks to disappear.
- No dressing is required unless an ulcer forms, then a dry dressing should be used (not elastoplast).
- Normal bathing and swimming is allowed unless an ulcer forms.
If any of the following things happen, consult your GP or respiratory nurse specialist:
- Ulcer has not healed after one month
- Any general skin reaction
Please do not hesitate to contact the respiratory nurse specialist if you have any queries on 01935 384507.